Currently, JEPLAN is collecting old mobile phones in 43 kindergartens around japan, to extract precious metals like gold, copper and aluminum. We are going to manufacture gold metals out of the collected gold.
There will be some events at the kindergartens too, where we present the manufactured metals and simply explain the process of recycling. In addition, there will be various schools, nursery schools and other educational institutions, which will participate at this project.
The aim is to convince more and more people to take part at the recycling culture/system, to realize a “Circular Economy”
If you want to take part at an event, please click on the link below and fill out the form:
●Implementation period ： Wednesday, July 6, 2016 ~ Friday, March 31, 2017
※The event dates will varify, so please check out the schedule.
●Kindergartens with collection points: 43 kindergartens around japan, we will gradually visit the collection points
●Steps of the project: 1. The distribution of collection envelopes at the different kindergartens
2. Put the old mobile phones into the envelope
3. Put the envelope into the collection boxes placed at the kindergartens
4. Precious metals will be recycled
5. These metals will be used to manufacture medals
6. The medals will be donated to the kindergartens who participated
7. In the future, we will carry out the collection events at a regular basis
(● Attention: To ensure safety, only the kindergartners, parents and stakeholders can participate in this event)
Further information can be found at this news release (Only available in Japanese):